Friday, November 7, 2008

Who am I sir?

Fill your lungs

and sing it out

and shout it to the sky,

We'll fight for dear old crimson

for a

Utah Man am I!

That's right...Utes go 10-0 for the season. Because my friend Caitlin is so kind to me, I get to indulge in the MUSS from the 3rd row. And, again because C-Dawg is so kind, I get to bring cute guys to the game with me. I braved the cold weather, hit Walmart for the latest styles in beanies and gloves and hit Rice Eccles Stadium geared up for Armageddon. But, low and behold, the weather was perfect. Who knew that all the warm moshing people in the MUSS would act as a barrier to the cold? In fact, I was a little too warm.
I was worried all day that Utah was going to crack under all the pressure...especially since we had representatives from The Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Poinsettia, New Mexico, Fiesta and Insight in attendance. And the W even looked a little grim up until the 4th quarter. I don't know how their kicker missed 2 field goals in a row...but the U's win must have been destiny. I think it was the intimidation factor with the whole blackout, which was TOTALLY AWESOME!! The black uniforms are sick!!

I LOVE being in the MUSS. It brings such an intense energy. Especially since my seats are on the third row and right in the middle of the student mosh pit. Whenever something good happens, everyone just starts shoving each other. I fear for my life about 5 times every game, but that's college football, right? It's awesome.
But...the BEST part of the whole game is when the U intercepted the ball on the last play and everyone realized that we had won...I turn around and see that I am in the way of about 400 students wanting to get on that field. I had 2 choices...either get crushed or jump off an 8 foot cement wall and run to safety. So, Tony and I jumped and ran, not into safety, but into the big mosh in the middle of the field. Somehow we wound up around all the players and I am pretty sure I touched Louie Sakoda's butt (telling him good game, of course). It was my proudest moment - Rachel...be jealous! I also rubbed his head and told him good game...at that point he looked straight at me and asked for my hand in marriage. Not really, but I would have said yes. It's LOUIE!
So...the moral of this story...Caitlin is the bestest friend EVER, Utah is the best college team ever...and BYU better watch out...because we are coming for you next! And I will be there, 3rd row, fearing for my life. Life can't get any better.

GO UTES!!












1 comment:

*Brittany* said...

Susowski! I'm gonna have to come with you to one of these games! I'm dying for a good moshing session with hot football players! And you of course...