Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Carbon Monoxide + Firemen = One CRAZY night!



So I had one crazy night last night. Me and 2 of my roomies were just chilling and making some rice crispies about 9:30pm when all of a sudden we hear an alarm going off. We thought that it was just the smoke alarm because we were cooking something on the stove...so we open up all the doors and windows for a little ventilation and I walk down the hall to the detectors. But, low and behold...it wasn't the smoke detector, but the carbon monoxide detector! I've never even heard one of these go off! We didn't know what to do, we are just stupid girls who's daddy's take care of everything. So, I jump on my laptop and find the number for the South Jordan Sheriff who transfer me to the South Jordan Fire Department. I tell them the situation and they tell me to get everyone out and to a safe location NOW! So we are trying to all get some clothes on, PJ's were on at this point, and trying to catch our 2 stupid little kittens that are scared to death and hiding from us. That's when the South Jordan Fire Crew pulls up, in their big truck, in full gear to come and protect us. I tell them that I feel completely stupid for having them come out for a bunch of stupid girls that don't know what to do. But, they commended me for my quick action in calling them and reassured me that this was their job and they were happy to help. However, we didn't know that you weren't supposed to open up any doors or windows because it ventilates the air and they can't get any readings on their little devises. And that is exactly what happened, they went it our house and couldn't find anything. Even though the batteries still had a little juice in them, we all concluded that it was the batteries to blame. But, the cute firemen hung around for a second anyways...just because we were talking about the big game this Saturday...half the firemen were BYU fans and the better half were for the U. But they were super nice.
So after the men left and we went and bought new batteries, we were still feeling a little unsure about staying in our house overnight. We value our lives for some reason. So we called a few Elders from our ward over and they came and said a blessing of safety on our house. I didn't even know that you could do that! Jason and Russ were nice enough to come over at such a late hour to put our souls at rest. They are so great and I appreciate them and that they are worthy priesthood holders. In the past month we have received several priesthood blessings...we LOVE priesthood holders!! The Church IS true, no doubt!
And it was a happy ending...we all woke up this morning alive! What a good way to start the day!



4 comments:

*Brittany* said...

Dude, I'm using that picture of the firefighters for my blog. I just have hearts in my eyes when I look at them... I guess it's time to start dating a fireman!!

Rachel said...

so, you just lived my fantasy.

Unknown said...

You are to funny!! Hey atleast you got to see some cute fire fighters out of it right? ha ha well we are all glad you are still alive!!

AnnaleeMG said...

Did the firemen REALLY look like that? The ones around here just aren't quite that spectacular!!!