Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Triumphant Return of Yours Truly...

I know, I know...I have virtually abandoned this blog. I should apologize to all my loyal fans (haha), but that would imply that I would never do it again; and I probably will. You see, my life is just not that exciting. I am not living in Italy, like Rachel. I am not totalling my car, like David. I'm just living my same, boring, mundane life. But, it is my life. The life of Susan.

My last post was early January this year and it's sad that there really isn't anything that is worth reporting about since then. Valentines Day came and went. St. Patrick's Day was the same. I joined the institute choir at the UofU, which is pretty awesome because we were able to sing in the Saturday afternoon session of conference. What a cool and unforgettable experience it is to be singing in from of all those people (let alone all those that it was broadcast to!) with the enormous organ backing us up. Although the practices were LONG and so repetitive (PR-ayer, PR-aise, PR-ayer, PR-aise) the spirit was felt so strongly and it literally felt like we were singing our testimonies. And, I must admit that the angels had to be there pushing out those notes that are just a little too far out of my registry. If you look up that session: you can clearly see Brit and I in the first song a couple of times!



Last month Brit, Randah, Tricia and I took a trip to Long Beach to go see one of our favorite comedians: JOEL McHALE!! It was so much fun traveling 1500 miles in 3 days...really! Just hanging with the girls was probably one of the funnest road trips of my life. It's going to be hard to topping it, but we are sure going to try!



Jazz games are always a constant too. Heaven bless my work for giving me tickets to these awesome games. I took turns taking my brothers since Rachey wasn't here to come with me. I went to a lot against the Rockets. I had a dream that I married Yao Ming so my work thought that it was hilarious that they give me the tickets to all the Jazz/Rockets games...which I was fine with! There were even a few times that I was able to get down onto the court. Jamo and I were probably the luckiest when we got to stand in the line up and give all the starting 5 high fives as they were announced. It was amazing! (Jamo even won an air hockey table that night for being the lucky text-er. He is selling it for about $300 now...)

As sad as it is, that is really all my new for the past 3 plus months. 55 days left until I leave for ITALY (not that anyone is counting...) I tore the ACL and MCL in my knee playing basketball last week and opted for surgery after Europe...so it will be interesting trying to hike around when my knee is doubled in size and I walk like a retard. But, I am bound and determined that it isn't going to slow anyone down! You will never hear my complain! We will be in Italy from June 10th to about June 25th and 5 days later I will have another knee surgery. One one good thing can come from this...2 MONTHS OFF OF WORK!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie G. said...

Suzi- I love you!! You are so cute and fun and I miss all the time we used to have together. We need to play more. Glad to know you are blogging again. But just know that I love you and don't know where I'd be without you. You are the best!! :)

Rachel said...

well it's about fricking time you return to the blogging world. I was lonely. You will soon have some exciting things to put on your blog. yay!!!! 52 days. what?!? I'm doing the mendenhall hand rub thing...ahhh! tell jamo he sucks for taking all the luck from the family. jerk face.

*Brittany* said...

Wow Suz. Back up in the blogging game eh?? Oh... I figured you would be wondering so I'll just put it out there... There were birds on my bird house this morning! Yippee. I guess they like me now.

Caitlin said...

Yea! I check your blog and finally some satisfaction. It's good to hear about what's up. I'm so sorry you hurt your knee again! That sucks!

I'm excited to see everyone on the 1st! We haven't talked in a long time!

Love ya!