Monday, May 11, 2009

Under Pressure?

I don't handle pressure very well. When people want me to do something, all they need to do is put a little pressure and persistance into it and usually, that is all that is needed.

So...how can I overcome pressure?
I was a little on the bored side at work today so I started analizing this whole 'pressure' issue and learn to say no! This is what I taught myself:

To begin with, we must understand three important laws of life.
First, pressure is not something that is naturally there. It's created when we question our own ability. When I know what I can do, there is never any question. If I am unprepared for a school exam, I feel pressure, but if I know I know the answers because I have studied and practiced, there is no question and no pressure. Pressure is eliminated by confidence, confidence is created through consistency, consistency comes through perfect practice. If this is so, any of us can do it and eliminate pressure from our work, school and play.
The second law of life is time. There are only 24 hours in a day, not just in some people's day, but in everybody's day. Time makes everybody equal. The way we become unequal, better or worse, successful or a failure, is determined by how you decide to use those 24 hours. Because I cannot be two places at once and do two things at the same time, instead of worrying so much about how to say no to negative influences, if I use my time wisely by dreaming mighty dreams and setting positive goals and simply saying yes to something positive, I won't have time for the negative; my positive actions will say no for me.
The third law is to realize there are two ways to be controlled and influenced - from within and from without; by you and by others. The solution to pressure, then, is finding out who you really are and what you really represent. Only then will you know what you want to be. As I learn this, others won't be able to adversely affect my actions. In fact, I probably shouldn't even associate with others who don't act or think like I do and, therefore, I'll avoid outside pressure altogether. Remember, if the things you think about are different from the things you do, you'll never be happy. When you're consistently yourself in thought, work, and action, pressure will not affect you.




1 comment:

*Brittany* said...

Well said. So ya wanna go smoke behind the big building later on tonight?? Come on! It'll be fun. Just one lil cig won't hurt ya. Ok See ya tonight:)